Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Age of Blogs?

I think the huge popularity of blogs can be summed up by the fact that Technorati is now tracking 53.2 million blogs around the blogosphere (excluding my blog, actually). It's as if I you don't have a blog, you're an ancient person.

There's even the term Blogebrity! You can see the list of them bloggers at Blogebrity: The List.

Blogarama & Technorati classify blogs into several categories. Honestly, I don't know in what category does this blog belongs to. I don't really care anyway.

Guess what, there are awards for blogs, too! Categorized into several categories of awards (just like the Academy Awards), one of the awards, Weblog Awards evaluate blogs from all continents and announce the award annually. Another, Okie Blog Awards rate the blogs in Oklahoma every year.

Apparently, everyone can blog. A blogger can be a housewife, a soldier, a cook, and even a politician.

Unlike the DotCom era, this era of blogging may live longer. I mean, who would be bored to write about him/herself? It is this need for expressing opinions that would make blogging not just a fad, but that it's here to stay, perhaps until either the mankind or the technology ceases to exist. In short, this bubble won't burst.

What kind of stuffs do them bloggers write? For sure, there are lot of things that anybody can write. From political debate, movie reviews, everyday life, to just posting photos, almost anything that exist in life can be put into blogs.

And what about mine here? Well, I'm just going to write anything that cross my mind. I don't like putting any limitations here. Writing can be fun when nobody tells you to stop typing.

So anyway, that's it for today, folks. I'm pretty beat now. Will spend the rest of the day watching CSI.

See ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home