Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Annoying Ads

Have you ever bumped across an ad while watching TV? Well, I have. Sometimes there are ads which are of short duration, about 5-10 seconds. These ads were popping 2-4 times in a row. I mean, what do the advertisers think about the audience? A bunch of deaf people? If they are afraid that the audience will miss the ad, just make one a bit longer.

Bombarding the audience with such ads actually a proof of incompetence. I feel like listening to a person who repeats the same thing 2-4 times in a row. "Here, buy this!", "Here, buy this!", "Here, buy this!", "Here, buy this!". I feel like being treated as being deaf.

There were other times when I saw ads that trying to lecture the audience about chemistry. "This product contains substance X, substance Y, and substance Z." Well, not everyone watching the ad actually know what substance X, Y, and Z are. Maybe they are not useful after all. But then again, they may be useful. Who knows? Anyhow, somewhat trying to be a chemistry smart-ass in front of the audience does really annoying me. I feel like taking chemistry 101.

The best ad is the one that do not try to explicity outsmart the audience. It should be interesting enough to make the ad easier to memorize.

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home