Thursday, July 12, 2007

House Rules!

During the my blogging hiatus period I've decided to buy House M.D., a TV series about medical stuffs (bootlegged, of course!). I'm not actually interested on the world of doctors and those medical stuffs (reminds me of ER, which for me, was absolutely boring). House, on the other hand, is more interesting. Especially House's character himself.

Apparently, he's (I think) a broken man. Perhaps because he was crippled by a disease (I forgot what disease), which led to the separation between him and his wife. Still, fortunately, his brain stayed sharp. I consider him as the Sherlock Holmes of the medical world, because he seemed to be using similar methods to those of Holmes' in diagnosing his patients.

If you read the article about House at Wikipedia.org, there are some similarities between House and Holmes listed there. What made me interested on the series was his view towards the world and God. Maybe I'll post more about this later on.

Remarkably, while House is defined as a rude and serious character, Hugh Laurie (who performed the role), was more of a comedian. I've watched some other series in which he starred in, such as Blackadder, Jeeves & Wooster, and A Bit of Fry & Laurie.

In Blackadder the Third, Laurie played as George, the idiot Prince Regent; while in Blackadder Goes Fourth, he starred as Lieutenant The Honourable George Colthurst St. Bartleigh MC. I don't want to re-write the whole text from Wikipedia about all this, but if you're interested, you can visit www.wikipedia.org for more information about this character. Click here.

Laurie returned to play again in two more Blackadder movies: the Christmas Carol and Blackadder: Back and Forth.

I'll write a bit about his role in Jeeves & Wooster in the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home