Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wooster, the 'Idle Rich'

Laurie's character in Jeeves & Wooster was actually far more intelligent than the Prince Regent and Lt. George. However, despite this fact, he was definitely outsmarted by Jeeves (played by Laurie's long-time friend Stephen Fry). Wooster, or Bertram Wilberforce "Bertie" Wooster, was a rich but jobless aristocrat. He frequently got himself into troubles in which he usually managed to escape from only because Jeeves came to the rescue.

Although I haven't finished watching all episodes of Jeeves & Wooster, I believe it's a fascinating series. Again, Wooster's character was a complete opposite to House whereas Wooster was a more polite and, unfortunately, more stupid, yet more jolly than House.

I still haven't got the chance to read the book version of Jeeves & Wooster, but maybe when I'm in the mood, I'll have a look at those books. P.G. Wodehouse wrote the books, by the way.

Another interesting series that I'm planning to watch is A Bit of Fry & Laurie. I've watched only one episode, but I haven't got all of the complete series. Hopefully, I'll have them soon.

I guess that's all about Laurie. Let's move on to other subjects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home