Saturday, July 14, 2007

Doldrums

Well, it’s been an uneventful day today. Went shopping for some snacks and fruit, visited the DVD counter looking for new, interesting movies, but bought nothing in the end. I’ve been pondering at the idea of watching Naruto and Smallville, but I guess they could wait for a little while longer because I’ve still got a stack of movies not yet seen.

I canceled my plan to have a hair cut today, because when I arrived at the barber shop, both were out for lunch. Besides, there were a lot of people queuing, too. I didn’t want to waste my time waiting there, so I decided to go back.

The entire day was spent watching Jeeves & Wooster episodes from the third series and playing Marvel Trading Card game. I’d say that that game relies heavily on luck. Forget about skill. If you have a bad draw, defeat is almost a certainty. It’s not a great game, although it kept my brain ticking. The graphics were poor. I was expecting Jim Lee’s style of drawing, but instead it was someone else’s. I don’t know who drew the strips, but they were definitely disappointing. Moreover, instead of providing the gamer with crisp cut-scenes (a la Warcraft), what I’ve got were comic strips, zoomed in and out. Pretty lame, I’d say.

Nevertheless, at least the third series of Jeeves & Wooster were not disappointing. Actually, they were great. I haven’t watched the fourth series, but up till now, the third series ranked as the best among the first three series. The third ones made me laugh more frequently than the first two. I’ve also noticed that several episodes showed that Jeeves’ ploys went sour, although he, as usual, managed to save the day.

After somewhat ridiculing ultra nationalism in the second installment, the subject of communism was included in the final episode of the third series. Luckily, it was a British film. Had it been an Indonesian film, the movie would be banned. Well, just in case you haven’t known, most of the people here in my country are allergic to that subject. They could easily run riot because of it.

It’s late now, and I don’t know what else to do. I can play Sid Meier’s Railroads!, but I kinda bored with it. I’ve somewhat bored with Sim Golf, too (it’s kinda awkward that a tournament could last more than a year in terms of the game time). Then, there’s Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossover, but both are antique games, of which graphic qualities are still “less developed”. The only option left is to just sleep after this.

Let’s see, what I can do tomorrow… Well, I might watch Venus and the fourth installment of Jeeves & Wooster; and surely I need to go to the barber. Resuming my Marvel game would be another choice to take.

Okay then, see you all tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home