Sunday, July 22, 2007

Out of the conundrum

It's been a week, perhaps, since my last post. I've been rather lazy though, to write anything. Fortunately, I'm out of the conundrum now.

Anyway, been watching some movies. Now that I've done watching Jeeves & Wooster, I've spent the week watching the fifth season of CSI: Miami. I could not help to think that the series had actually lost its charm. As a matter of fact, I already felt that since the third season, I guess.

The bad guys were always easy to fold, the tragedies which struck the team seemed to be too easily forgotten, and that Horatio seemed to be too invincible to beat. The first episode of the fifth was even absurd, in my opinion. How could two Americans kicked asses in Rio without any local police doing anything? Obviously, CSI: Miami has turned closer and closer to a set of fairy tales. Personally, I think the CSI (the Vegas one) series would trump Miami totally. I surely hope the sixth season will be able to resurrect its charm again.

I watched the Flags of our Fathers, too this week. Got to buy the movie twice. The first one was scratched so it couldn't be played. Overall, it was quite an interesting movie. Yet more interesting was the fact that Clint Eastwood also made Letters from Iwo Jima which had the same timeline, same background (same war), just different in perspective. Flags saw the war from the American side, while Letters saw it from the Japanese.

I think Letters was better than Flags. Anyway, after watching them, every character could be regarded as “the good guy”. Perhaps, there were supposed to be no bad guys after all in a war. Every soldier just want to survive the war and go home. Who wants to get killed anyway? After all, it could be said that the purpose of every human in life is simply to live, to survive life. Nobody with a sane mind would say “I want to meet my maker, NOW!”.

Well, I guess that's all for now. I'm saving some thoughts for the next post.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home