Sunday, July 15, 2007

What ho, Venus!

It’s been a hot day today. I spent most of my time in my room, as usual, playing games and watching movies. I went out to the barber, as planned, though.

I watched Venus this evening. I’d say it was a good movie. Well played, and nicely scripted. I wonder why Peter O’Toole failed to snatched the Oscar. Well, I guess Forrest played slightly better. The film might make you pondering how you’re going to be when you’re old. I’d be looking back to my life surely, wondering if I’ve lived a good life, or if I’ve screwed it up to the last bit. I hope I wouldn’t screw it up. I’ve tried to live my life happily and, despite sh*t happened in the process, well, that’s what life supposed to be, right? It’s full of happy moments, sh*t and surprises.

I believe that there are plenty of people out there who feel the same thing as the characters Maurice and Ian. At the dawn of their lives, some become worried about what lies waiting for them beyond death, some become suddenly religious (if they weren’t religious enough beforehand), some just trying to spend the remainder of their lives having fun while they can. That’s what I saw in the movie, people contemplating the final moments of their lives. There were some good bits of humor in it too.

Speaking of humor, I’ve reached the middle of the fourth series of Jeeves & Wooster. I figured that I’d be completed by tomorrow. The fourth installment was nearly as good as the third, although I still favored the third. Still full of ‘Bertie’s dodging the bullet named marriage’, however.

Anyway, it’s time for me to sleep. I’ve got a handful of things to do tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home