Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A disgusting habit

Spitting is disgusting, isn't it? Yet a lot of people here are doing it everyday. I always say to myself whenever and wherever I spot someone spits: "OMG! What the hell is he/she thinking?". Although I've noticed only a few female "spitters", but yes, ladies and gentlemen, women also spit outdoors.

I'd say, perhaps there should be a law to forbid spitting in public. First, it's disgusting, second, it lacks respect to others (I even consider it as an indirect insult, be it intentional or not), and third, it's extremely unhealthy.

Imagine how far healthier our world would be if spitting is considered illegal. Can you imagine how potent the saliva is as an agent of contamination? Diseases could spread from it!

Amazingly, them people seemed to be in ease when they spit. Even more like a reflex action.

I hope one day, people could be sued for spitting in public, for committing the act of endangering other people's lives. I mean, if they could ban smoking in public, why not ban spitting in public.

Thank God Mr. Monk doesn't live in this city. He would've died of paranoia. Speaking of Mr. Monk, it is unfortunate that, just like CSI: Miami, the series seemed to be losing its charm. I'm watching the fourth season now, and I couldn't feel the same enthusiasm that I felt when watching the first and second seasons. The show is hardly funny anymore.

I watched A Fish Called Wanda the other day, but somehow failed to spend my time laughing at it. Weird, eh? Despite the praises from critics about the movie, I felt that the only hilarious moments were the ones when Ken tried to kill the old lady. The first time he tried, he killed lady's first terrier. The second time he tried, he turned out to be flattening the lady's second terrier (literally!), and the third time he tried, he crushed the third and the last dog which, eventually sent the old lady into a heart attack and died. To me the funny thing was that Ken was an animal-lover!

Well, anyway, that's all for now. See you all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home