Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)


A few months ago I watched "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford". I was actually expecting an action movie, but instead the movie was a drama. I fell asleep though, watching the early half of the movie, but after that it became very interesting. No, not in terms of the plot. The plot was not that extraordinary, however. It was Brad Pitt's performance that was so impressive. You can feel that sense of fearsome impression behind the calm, cold look of Jesse.
On the other side, I could feel the disgust with Robert Ford. It was also a great performance by Casey Affleck. The film indeed painted a heroic impression in the character Jesse James. I don't know, perhaps it was because of the plot, or was it because of Brad Pitt's performance? Maybe both. In the end, I give the score of 10 in acting, a 7 in plot, also 7 in directing. Overall, it is a highly recommendable movie, but if you want an action movie, just forget it. The only action in this movie was silent one. It was all about expression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home