Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street


If you couldn't stand gruesome, bloody scenes, then either close your eyes during such scenes, or just stay away from the entire movie. Johnny Depp's "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" was a great movie to watch. It's not that I love bloody scenes, but the way it was made and played was able to compensate for its gruesome scenes. I've never been a fan of musical features films, but aside from Moulin Rouge & Chicago, I've made an exception for Sweeney Todd. The plot was pretty good. The twist in the end made it somewhat memorable. The acting was not super, but hey, it's musical. From my standpoint, the directing was great (8), the plot was also very good (8), the acting, well, quite good (7). I think it wasn't the acting that made it great, but the directing and the plot that made this movie great.

According to wikipedia, there are other adaptations of Sweeney Todd. I guess, I'll go and look for them, especially the one with Ben Kingsley on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home